Summary of position:
The primary role of the Receptionist is to support a professional and welcoming environment by greeting clients, directing telephone calls and client inquiries, following admission procedures for patients and performing clerical duties.
This position may require working a variety of days and hours, as well as training or cross training in other areas. Use of manual and computerized equipment required. Physical requirements include, but are not limited to: walking, standing, lifting, carrying, bending, reaching, and restraining.
Brief description of job duties and responsibilities:
1) Perform the opening and closing procedures of the clinic.
2) Greet clients in person or on the phone in an upbeat, courteous, and professional manner.
3) Direct client inquiries to the appropriate person in a quick and efficient manner.
4) Obtain and record the patient’s weight, as well as any questions or concerns the client has regarding the animal.
5) Ensure client information is accurate including name, address, and phone number.
6) Admit surgeries, drop-offs and medical cases for the day and ensure proper documentation is completed, and that patients are identified and cage tags.
7) Maintain an efficient flow of clients and that the patient’s file is provided for the examination room.
8) Notify Veterinarian and/or Technologist when client / patient is in the examination room.
9) Book appointments, call clients reminding them of appointments, and re-schedule missed appointments.
10) Prepare patient files for the following day.
11) Help clients cope with their animal’s health condition, euthanasia or pet loss in a compassionate manner.
12) Process all client payments as per clinic policy, which may include bill preparation and collection of client accounts.
13) Perform day-end close out procedures.
14) Maintain a clean and organized work area, including the exam rooms and waiting room.
15) Provide administrative support including: sending and receiving mail, data entry, filing, faxing, photocopying, and other general office duties.
16) Be knowledgeable of the different products in the clinic (e.g. food, retail products, and supplies)
17) Be knowledgeable of the various procedures and services provided at the clinic.
18) Assist with the ordering, receiving, and stocking of inventory and supplies.
19) Ensure any medication or supplies are prepared and dispensed accordingly.
20) Follow clinic policies and procedures.
21) Perform duties in a manner that promotes a healthy and safe work environment.
22) Project a positive clinic image.
23) Perform other duties as directed and/or required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent