This entry level job is located in a high volume, fast paced setting in which self-motivation and multi-tasking are key factors of this rewarding work environment.
- Review incoming freight loads to ensure adequate resources are planned for load arrival to avoid load furtherance delays.
- Upon shipment arrival in Yellowknife the load status is updated in the freight management system
- Identify order details and complete detailed receiving in the clients system in conjunction with the detailed receiver.
- All detailed receiving policies and procedures will be implemented.
- Distribute load details including manifests, shipping memo and ensure all necessary paper work is included in the outbound load
- Update load furtherance information in the freight management system including all essential attachments.
- Maintain a current and accurate paper records keeping system for reconciliation and auditing purposes.
- Provide inventory on hand details including on hand reporting and load status.
- Point person for all rush priority shipments as identified by the client
- Coordinate with winter road furtherance carrier pick up and dispatch dates and times
Grade 12 or equivalent. Minimum 3 years’ experience in Shipping and Receiving. Warehouse and inventory control knowledge is an asset as well as aircraft handling knowledge. Applicants should possess good verbal, written, computer and people skills. Ability to obtain a restricted area airport pass is a requirement. Must have a valid driver’s license and own reliable transportation.