The Caseworker provides day to day residential support and guidance to adults attending a two week Withdrawal Management Service. They are responsible for client intakes, assessments, treatment planning, program facilitation and care delivery. This is a full-time unionized rotating shift position.
Application deadline: November 6, 2019
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
- Implement case plans and monitor progress.
- Provides advocacy services.
- Ensures clients understand and adhere to program rules and responsibilities
- Assists Primary Caseworker in completing assessments regarding client's life skills, safety and physical/emotional risk.
- Also implements emergency behavioral interventions and identifies and documents potential problematic or maladaptive behaviours
- Addictions Certificate and/or min 2 year experience of group facilitation and counselling
- Post-Secondary Education or related experience in Social Services
- Conflict Resolution
- First Aid
- Verbal Judo and/or NVCI
- Suicide Intervention
- Boundaries Course
- Clear Criminal Record Check
Mission and Values Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination as to race or creed.
Core values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.