Under the direction of the WMS Supervisor the employee provides resident support services, on-site supervision and security for the NWT Resource Centre and Withdrawal Management Services.
This is an unionized part-time position. The successful candidate must be available weekends
Hours of Work: 8 or 16 hour work week
DEADLINE TO APPLY: November 6, 2019
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
- Provides resident support services.
- Provides site management & security
- Ensures clients understand and adhere to program rules and responsibilities
- Provides minor administrative support
- Also implements emergency behavioral interventions and identifies and documents potential problematic or maladaptive behaviours
- Utilizing the facility and its equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Post-Secondary Education or related experience in Social Services
- High School Graduate
- Conflict Resolution
- First Aid
- Mental Health First Aid
- Verbal Judo and/or NVCI
- Suicide Intervention
- Clear Criminal Record Check
Core values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.