Under the direction of the WMS Supervisor the employee provides resident support services, on-site supervision and security for the NWT Resource Centre and Withdrawal Management Services.
This is an unionized part-time position. The successful candidate must be available weekends
Hours of Work: 8 or 16 hour work week
DEADLINE TO APPLY: November 6, 2019
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
- Provides resident support services.
- Provides site management & security
- Ensures clients understand and adhere to program rules and responsibilities
- Provides minor administrative support
- Also implements emergency behavioral interventions and identifies and documents potential problematic or maladaptive behaviours
- Utilizing the facility and its equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Post-Secondary Education or related experience in Social Services
- High School Graduate
- Conflict Resolution
- First Aid
- Mental Health First Aid
- Verbal Judo and/or NVCI
- Suicide Intervention
- Clear Criminal Record Check
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination as to race or creed.
Core values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.