Sutherland House in Fort Smith is a shelter for women and their children fleeing abuse. You must be caring, empathetic and compassionate and maintain confidentiality of clients and shelter at all times.
- Be able to assert clear professional boundaries
- Understand the dynamics of family violence
- Have awareness of barriers women face
- Be conscious of the impacts of violence on children who witness abuse
- Show knowledge of community resources
- Advocate for client identified needs
- Have good oral and written communication skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Show integrity and tact in dealing with people
- Be available to work days(8-4) and evenings (4-12 )as required on rotation hours
7-3/7-4 basis, and will include working weekends at times.
Permanent, full time position days/evening. Starts March 1, 2019.
A degree, diploma, or certificate in Social work is desirable. Experience in supporting women and children experiencing family violence will be considered.