The Yellowknife Victim Services Outreach Worker provides support to victims of crime and/or tragedy through information, referrals, accompaniment and crisis intervention.
This is a Full-time position and is located at 5114-49 Street, in Yellowknife, NT.
Candidates must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector check if they are contacted for an interview. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Job Descriptions available upon request at (867) 873-5509.
To apply please forward a detailed resume and cover letter to the receptionist of the NWANWT or email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Resumes can be dropped off at the Native Women’s Association of the NWT at 5114 - 49 Street.
Deadline for all above positions is Tuesday, July 21, 2021 at 12:00 pm (MST).
Thank you for your interest and only potential candidates will be notified for an interview.
The NWANWT may consider your resume for similar positions.
Diploma/Certificate in Social Work or 2 years Community Support Worker experience or equivalent.
- Experience in Criminal Justice.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and appropriately with clients in crisis situations.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Sensitivity to multicultural.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of program and services in Yellowknife/surrounding communities.