Are you a youth between the ages 15-24 and would like to work and interact with youth your age?
SideDoor is hiring a Youth Mentor to interact and work with other youth to help plan and facilitate recreational and interactive activities.
The Youth Mentor will work 30 hours per week from 12pm-6pm, Tuesday to Saturday and will be supervised by the Navigator, Youth in Transition.
The Youth Mentor and is responsible to interact with youth, provide leadership and supervision, and promote skill development. The role is also responsible for security and cleanliness of building and grounds.
The Youth Mentor will:
- Assist with planning and supervising interactive youth programs
- Provide mentorship and coaching to Youth at Risk and youth experiencing homelessness
- Engage youth in skill building and leadership development
- Ensure safety and security of building and grounds
- Participate in a Leadership Training Program
- Completion of Grade 10
- Crisis intervention and Suicide Intervention training
- Experience with at-risk and youth experiencing homelessness
- First Aid Certificate and CPR are required (will be provided)
Originally opening as a Drop-In Youth Centre in 1995 SideDoor has grown exponentially, now operating a Resource Centre for YOUth at 4903-50th Street (Youth Employment and Literacy Supports, After School Program for youth, Drop In Centre) and on June 12, 2015 opening Hope's Haven- Transitional Housing and Supports and Emergency Shelter for youth experiencing homelessness, located at 5114-52nd Street.
The SideDoor exists to instill values, character and community that will empower Northern youth to find fulfillment (HOPE) by providing a safe haven and practical supports.